Saturday, December 23, 2017

Good Morning! It's 6:49 and it is still pitch black out. We've had heavy rain yesterday and through the night with flash watches and warnings. It don't think it is raining right now but can't really tell.

The house is quiet except for the sound of Bill's oxygen concentrator. He and the cat are both still asleep, although I will have to wake Bill shortly for his morning meds.

We had an uneventful trip home from Florida. Even though we didn't have to, we got up early and headed out the 2nd day and got home about 1. Stopped at the store on the way home and got some lunch fixin's.

We haven't done much since we've been home. Bill hasn't felt really well. His shoulder is still bothering him. The dr. called in a gel to use and said to apply heat. She didn't want him in the office, so much flu here. Two of the employees have tested positive for it within the last 2 weeks. Since the flu shot is not protecting from this strain, and I don't know if the one for older folks does, we are just staying in. But, the gel is working and he's not complaining about it as much. We've only had to use the gel in the morning the past 2 days which is an improvement and he hasn't used the heating pad at all the last 2 days.

I also haven't felt real well. I think mine is more just being tired. I've had a couple of little tummy upsets, but nothing major. I do know that something is going around. Mistie was bringing me a gift I had gotten through a friend of hers and she said she wasn't staying because she wasn't feeling well. A friend of Kayden's had been over to spend the night and ended up going home because he was throwing up. I told her to just put it by the door and ring the doorbell! I just don't want to take any chances! I may put a sign on the door that colds and sniffles are not welcome and if you have them, come back another day!

We are having our family Christmas on the 29th. Ryan and Amanda will be in town on that day for some business so that's when we will have it. She said they should be done around 10:30 or 11, so we are having brunch instead of dinner or supper. It's not much this year, the only present we have is for the baby. The rest are getting gift cards and checks. I'm still not in the spirit. We did get the tree up and the "Jesus people" as Kenna calls them out and up, but that's it. I have enjoyed sitting with just the tree lights on, but I'm also ready to take it down. The cat has been good with it. She gets under it and pops her head up through the branches, but she has not tried to climb it or play with the branches. She just wants her window back!

That's all for this week. It's hard to believe that the year is almost over already! I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas with family and friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment