Saturday, May 19, 2018

Weekly post 5-19-18

Has it only been a week since Mother's Day? It seems like it's been a very long time ago! The week has been basically a good one and there has been a breakthrough somewhat with Bill. I have suggested that we move his treadmill into the house and he is totally against that idea. But, all of a sudden he has started to get his own coffee or water and take his own dishes back to the kitchen (sometimes). He also told me yesterday he's going to start walking around the house. He's not been as winded as he had been when he's walking so the antibiotics and steroids are working. His sugar is also staying stable. It's still high, but he hasn't needed a shot in several days. 

He will start physical therapy sometime after the 1st of June. The therapist starts then and I imagine that there will be a few days of getting acclimated. But, he's anticipating it. His appetite has also come back and he's putting some weight back on.

I had my appointment Monday and didn't really learn anything yet, except that my EKG was normal. She did change one of my blood pressure meds. She said it was the lowest dose possible and she doubled it, but she didn't change the diuretic that goes with it so I won't go to the bathroom any more. She also wanted me to cut back on the Aleve that I take morning and night, but she said that if I can't move in the morning without it, the pain would raise my blood pressure also. She's more concerned about the lower number and heart rate being high than she is with the top number. I have to keep a food diary and drink at least 64 ounces of water a day, and if I drink a diet coke I have to add an additional glass of water. So far  I've been doing pretty well with that, although I've had terrible headaches from the caffeine withdrawal. I may have to change to caffeine free, but I have such a high tolerance of caffeine that that would probably do the same thing as not drinking it. I do have an echo scheduled for August and then will see the dr. after that. They can do the echo in the same building. I don't know who will go with me, my friend Phillis said she would if she's around. Emily said she would see what is going on with her then, and I don't know if Bill will want to go or not.

Phillis and I had a good visit together. It had been too long since we were able to just talk. And Bill and Brianna did fine together.

I bought some books this week, 2 for Bill on dealing with COPD and 3 for me on stress and caregiver stress. I've read one of the books I ordered for Bill and it was excellent and if he will read it, I think it will help him. He thinks he can't do anything, but the author of this book says that you can do almost anything you want. He's had COPD for several years, and from a young age. He's also a single parent and I was amazed at what he could do. I read it as an ebook on my nook and wish I had waited to get it in real book form to mark different things. All of the books have been shipped so they should be here sometime this week.

That's about it for this week. We're both feeling better and that's a good thing! See you next week! Oh, I forgot, I got an etching of Kayden and Kiyann for Mother's Day that had their pictures etched and in between in said "Grandma I know you've loved me since I was born, but I've loved you my whole life" Made me cry!



No comments:

Post a Comment