Saturday, August 3, 2019

There's not much to tell this week, which means it was just another week.

I did not take Bill to the dr. The cough comes and goes now and I'm pretty sure it is still all stemming from sinus drainage. If I get him to take some sinus meds, it's much better. He does cough on exertion, as he gets things stirred up when he moves, but it settles back down. His oxygen level has been staying in the low 90s which is acceptable. 90 is his baseline so anything over that is a plus. 

There was a little scare with his level. It was only 75 when I checked it. Sometimes it will come on really low like that but changing fingers or hands usually gives another reading since it could just be a cold finger. But it was the same on both hands. So then I start checking his tubing to see if there are any holes and find that the concentrator is off! Usually there is a very loud alarm sound when it's turned off, whether by the button or loss of power, but I didn't hear it. I don't know for sure if it was the cats (they sometimes jump on it to get to the buffet (that's where Cat hides from Mouse although he's figured out how to get up there now), or if it shut down spontaneously due to a problem. It hasn't done it since so I'm leaning more toward the cats. Once I turned it on and it got back up to the level it's set on I checked again and it went immediately to the 90s. So, we now know that Bill cannot function on just room air, especially if he is walking.

He's also still using his inhalers and one of them makes an audible click and a slot changes from green to red when the dose has been delivered. Sometimes he gets it the first time but a couple of times it has taken several tries before he inhales hard enough to trigger it. I always have him use his Albuterol inhaler first as it is faster acting, so I don't know what was going on that day.

He gets his labs done next week for Mayo and I think we are going to go Monday and get it out of the way. The lab we've used before opens at 8 and since they are fasting labs we'll get breakfast afterwards. I don't know if we'll do anything else, depends on how Bill is doing. 

We did have a good time with the girls at breakfast last week-end. And Kiyann was thrilled that her daddy was here waiting for us with a couple of presents for her. She was so happy she cried.

That's about it for this week. I'll let you know what we find out from the labs next week. Happy August!

No comments:

Post a Comment