Wednesday, October 20, 2021

 Good Morning everyone! It's a cool, sunny fall morning here. It's been cooler, down into the 40s at night, but today is supposed to be warmer with a chance of rain overnight. But, you don't come here to read the weather report!

Not really a lot has been happening in my world. I made another quick trip to Illinois, the 3rd one this year I think. I needed to do my sister's taxes. Now only one more to go in November for my niece's wedding Thanksgiving week-end.

Brianna and David had their gender reveal and it's a.....GIRL! David was a little disappointed, but I told him that daddys and daughters have a special relationship and that he will forget the disappointment when he sees her. They are going to name her Havyn Gene after Bri's two grandfathers who have passed away, Havyn of course after Bill and Gene is for my first husband. And the baby that I told you was due in December is actually due in January and is a boy, but I don't know of any names yet. So, one each of great-grandchildren in 2022.

I got my new heat/air unit installed yesterday. We ordered it in June but there are so many supply problems right now. My dealer said they offered him a different unit but he said no because it wasn't as good and then it miraculously showed up the next day! It is so quiet I hardly know it's running. I did have to lose part of the fence that was around the outside unit because it's a little bigger and they weren't sure if there would be enough air flow around it.

Those of you who know me personally may know that I love technology and the best part for me with this new unit is that I can control it with my phone! It was really easy to set up. I set the temperature I want, set a high and low range and put it on automatic. It will use either heat or air, whichever it needs to use to keep the temp I set! I also don't have to get up in the middle of the night if I get hot or cold, just grab my phone which of course is always plugged in beside the bed. So between that and being able to arm/disarm my security with my phone, and check the security cameras, I'm a happy camper. Yet, at the same time, I have no interest in Alexa, or Google Home, or any of those technologies.

I've been toying with the idea now of not using the Veteran's Cemetery. Bill's only burial wishes were to have a full military funeral. He didn't care where his remains were buried, just that he had the military rites. So I'm thinking about using the local cemetery which is actually right behind my house (almost). It's within walking distance. I know that I can still have the white marble headstone but I don't know if we can be buried in the same grave as we can in the other cemetery. Since it's just ashes I don't see why not, but that's a question to ask. I also know that the VA will reimburse at least part of the cost of the plot and I need to find that out too. The answers to those questions may make up my mind for me. It would also be easier to coordinate a date for all the kids since it could be done any day of the week instead of just Monday-Friday. So, when I've decided, I'll of course let everyone know.

Bill's sister is moving to an assisted living facility next week. She so wanted to go home, but the long-term effects of COVID are making that impossible for her. She's not stable enough walking to be alone. But, she's in good spirits about it and she can have her piano in her room. She'll have a little studio apartment, basically just one room with a kitchenette off to the side with a small closet and bathroom. She's transferring on the 26th. I don't know if she'll be able to teach any music lessons there, but she told me she had decided a long time ago that she would quit teaching at 80 and that's next month. So, it would just be a little early if she can't.

Most cats are strange animals by nature and mine are no exception. Cat is the aloof one, off on her own most of the time, but can be social if she wants. Mouse is the skittish one who really has to check things out before accepting new things. Yet, one thing he likes is music. If I'm at the piano, he's either sitting on the floor like a statue right beside the piano, or he's up on the bench with me, not on me or touching the piano, just sitting on the bench beside me listening. He's also developed the habit of getting in my lap while I'm reading my Bible. Every morning it's my habit to write my daily scripture, have my morning prayer time, read my devotions, read my Bible passages for the day and then write in my personal journal. Mouse lays on the floor while I'm writing my scripture and praying, but he comes and sits closer to me, on the floor, while I'm reading my devotions. But, once I open my Bible and turn to the bookmark, he's up on my lap. Sometimes he sits up and looks at the pages like he's reading them too. Other times he lays down. But it's always just with the Bible. Maybe I should start reading it aloud to him!

Oh, I forgot a very important happening! McKenna was chosen as Homecoming Queen! She was absolutely thrilled! She looked very pretty in both of her dresses (one for the pep rally and one for the game) and she came to see me wearing her tiara when I got home from Illinois.

I think that's it for this time. Happy Halloween everyone!



No comments:

Post a Comment