I didn't think that I would be posting again so soon, but today the date hit me. It was 19 years ago today that you had the heart attack that put us on the road to transplant. It was the worst day of my life, until the day of the transplant when Dr. Hosenpud came out and told me things were not going well, until the day you finally did what I told you to do. You turned your eyes upon Jesus and left me and this world behind.
You know, I suspected nothing that morning in September until you told me after church that you didn't feel well. But you assured me that it wasn't your heart, you were just a little sick to your stomach and was sweaty. But, when your face lost all color and was as white as the shirt you were wearing, I knew that it was something serious.
It was confirmed that, contrary to you saying you had no pain, you were having a heart, number 4. The helicopter was called in and after an I love you and kiss as you were wheeled, we didn't talk again for 9 days. The longest 9 days of my life. I'm not going to put much more here, because I'm trying to turn this journey into a book. It's going to be the journey from my side. This blog is your journey, but you know that I tried to keep myself out of it if I could.
This is not an anniversary, but today it was on my mind as soon as I saw the date.
No comments:
Post a Comment