Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Bill has been discharged and is now home. He decided this morning that he did not want the ultrasound of his gall bladder. It would have been an unnecessary test, and insurance probably would have covered it he didn't think that would be fair to the insurance company. The dr. did not try to change his mind and since he hadn't thrown up since yesterday morning he said there was not reason to keep him. Sent him home with a script for Keflex and Phenergan. I doubt he'll need that one, but it will be good to have around.

I took the scripts to Walgreen's since it is closer to our house than Wal-mart. The locally owned pharmacy we usually use has been bought out by Kroger and right now it is a nightmare to get something filled. When I handed the girl at Walgreen's my military ID card as the insurance, she told me that it only applied to drs. and not pharmacy services. I'm still really ticked off about it and haven't decided what to do yet. I'm considering contacting corporate to complain to them. We've used that card at pharmacies all over the country to fill precscriptions. So, if you are retired military and want to have your meds filled at Walgreen's be prepared. I was just tired and stressed enough today to just take the script and leave instead of pushing the issue.

I still have to let Kim know that he has been discharged and I have the bedclothes in the washer that I need to check on. I think it will be a very early night for both of us tonight! Bill has to check in with out dr. sometime next week so I'll let you know how he's doing then. I'm not sure if I'll get a weekly one in Saturday, that remains to be seen. If I don't Happy New Year!

2 comments:

  1. Glad he's home and feeling better! Hubby uses Kroger for his meds and they do a wonderful job, no hassle at all. He's not military, just Medicare.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it was just this technician. She didn't want to walk up to the counter to begin with. I'll probably try the Kroger one after the changeover is complete. It's only been about 3 weeks so they are still learning the new system.

    ReplyDelete