Tuesday, June 19, 2018

I know I said that I would update this either Sunday night or Monday morning, but, things happen and that wasn't one of them.

Bill was very surprised with all of his guests! His youngest daughter and her daughter arrived Friday night and met us at Perkins for dinner. Bill still didn't really suspect anything until Em, Bryan, and McKenna showed up about 30 minutes later with his oldest son. They had picked him up at the bus station since it was closer to their house. Then he knew there was something going on!

His other daughter and her family, a grandson and his new wife, and his youngest son with his crew all arrived on Saturday. Bryan cooked enough food for an army, or so we thought. But, when you have a houseful of 24 to feed, you have to cook a lot! Only one son didn't come and his reason was really no reason, but it is what it is. 

Saturday everyone left to go back to the hotel and swim and then went out to eat together, so I think they all enjoyed each other. Bill and I were really tired and I could have gone to bed before it was even dark! We made it until about 9 and then called it a night.

Sunday Rodger and Diana had to leave in the morning, but the rest all came and had some lunch. John's bunch left soon after that and we took Harris back to the bus that evening. There was more swimming and Aimee made a birthday cake for her husband who hadn't been able to come due to being in the field. Since she had to use my kitchen we just ordered pizza and we went to bed rather early that night too. 

The girls both left yesterday, Aimee around 8 and Mary-Rose about 10. We heard from all of them when they were all safely home.

Kitty has been at the vet since Saturday morning. She had some bloody diarrhea Friday morning and I took her in. She got a shot and some medicine, but when we gave her the medicine she immediately threw up and started drooling really bad. The vet said that the fecal sample he took didn't show any parasites, just blood and mucus. But he said if she started vomiting to bring her back. I took her back Saturday morning and he was going to just have me bring her daily for shots, but decided to keep her. She's doing better, eating and drinking more and gets to come home tomorrow afternoon. I still don't know what made her sick, I'm just glad she's better. 

Because she's been gone I've slept in the last 3 mornings, it was almost 7 this morning before I got up! But, I also lose my quiet time, but the extra sleep is so nice!

I don't know if anyone will remember the incident I had a couple of years ago with my throat when we were in Florida with not being able to eat. That has started happening more and more and today, after coughing out a lot of phlegm while I was trying to have lunch for 2 hours, I broke down and went to the dr. about it. She said it's probably what I thought it was, my esophagus is constricting and needs stretched. She said it will probably need to be done every couple of years. So, just waiting for the referral to the gastro dr. to have the endoscopy done. It's at the same place that does Bill's colonoscopy and right next door to my cardiologist, so I know where it is. 

Bill has done well in therapy and has been riding the stationary bike while she is here. She comes once more on Friday and then will only come once a week for 3 weeks. Bill has gotten stronger from doing the exercises. 

He doesn't feel well today and is running a low grade fever. I think it's a combination of being tired from the week-end and not being on steroids any more. He sees Connie next week and she's going to put him on Prednisone again for a while. We'll see how he is tomorrow.

We've got to go to Dyersburg to get my military ID renewed and he has to be with me. It has to be done before July 10 so has to be soon. I let it expire once and that was a pain to deal with.

Well, I've got to go get some more Tylenol, we've used it all! Will probably give a short update this week-end. I hope all the fathers had a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment