Saturday, June 23, 2018

Good Morning!

My days of sleeping in have come to an end. We picked the cat up Wednesday afternoon and she's back into routine of getting me up at 5. It does take a little adjustment, and a couple of cups of coffee before I feel alive, but I'll get used to it.

It hasn't been a real good week. I think the Father's Day shindig tired Bill out more than he let on. He has spent most of the week coughing and not feeling well. He's also run a very low grade fever that does respond to Tylenol. Yesterday he didn't get out of bed until noon and I cancelled his therapy session. I called the Dr. and she called him in some more Prednisone. I think that Dr. Patel had a pretty good plan, he needs the Prednisone for about 3 months, and maybe some more of the doxycycline. Emily thought yesterday she also might benefit from a B12 shot. I know I do feel better taking the B12 pill. I moved up from 1000 mcg to 2500 mcg and can tell a difference. He goes to the Dr. Friday so we'll see what she says then.

I got my referral for the gastro dr. I can't pronounce his name, but it says he's a native of Delaware so hopefully he'll speak clear English. I find I do have a hard time with Indian/Pakistani accents, especially when I want/need to hear something and I'm listening intently. I don't know if any procedure will be done that day, I'll find out when they call as I'm sure they will. If they are going to do anything invasive, Ryan is going to go with me to drive home. Bill has said he's not going so that I don't have to worry about oxygen, although if he wants to go, we'll prepare for that and I'll give Ryan a crash course on changing out tanks/batteries if necessary.

That's about it, a quiet week after all the partying over the week-end. It doesn't seem like June is almost over already! Have a good week-end. I'll let you know what the Dr. says next week!


No comments:

Post a Comment