Sunday, November 8, 2009

We have had a very good week, all things considering. We are both sleeping well and getting right up ready to go about 6:30 (although I slept in until 7:30 this morning). We have all of our plans made for Florida. The memorial service is going to be Saturday so we are leaving Weds. right after Bill's Dr. appointment in Memphis. Hopefully we won't be there long. I'm hoping we get back on the road by noon.

Bill has said several times that he's sorry his sister has to do all of the arrangements herself, but I think he realizes, at least I hope he does, that he cannot be there to help her and it would do no good to anyone if it should cost him a setback. She also wants us to stay about a week, but I told Bill I can't stay that long and he doesn't need to stay that long. I've reminded him that Dr. Burnett told him not to make any long strenuous trips. He probably wouldn't like him making this trip, but he would understand it. Plus, we are still keeping our plans to go at Christmas so they will be able to reminisce then. They (Don & Shirley) will have to understand that I do have a job and we are gearing up for tax season.

Bill commented tonight after church that he has not been getting winded after walking. We've been to Walmart and he walked all over with me. Usually he has to sit and wait on me, but he didn't the last time we were there. He was also walking at a faster pace than I was. That's another sign that the procedure and new pacemaker are working. One thing he does do though is fall asleep while watching tv and he never used to do that. Kind of makes me think of what Pearl was doing when she would have one of her "spells" that would land her in the hospital. I'll just keep an eye on him.

All for now. I know we're in for a rough few days, so keep us in your prayers while we travel.

No comments:

Post a Comment