Thursday, November 12, 2009

We have made it to Florida. Bill saw Dr. Lan's nurse practitioner yesterday and he said everything looks fine as far as the surgery went. The incision is healing well although he doesn't want him to lift his arm over his head for another 4 weeks. He explained a little more about the new pacemaker. This one is beating his heart for him 99.9% of the time, which is what they want. This is another reason Bill is feeling better. He cleared him to travel but to still rest more and start walking a little.

We stopped south of Atlanta last night. Hit Atlanta at rush hour, in the dark, in the rain. Ronna, if you're reading this you would be proud of me. I drove through it just like I was doing it every day! I went to bed early and right to sleep since I had been awake since 4:15 yesterday morning.

We both woke up about 6:30 this morning, Bill coughing with a fever. I drove most of the way today and he catnapped. He took over right before Tampa. We got to the hotel about 2 and got checked in. Our room is lovely with a balcony. It overlooks the highway, but that's ok. We're to be at Shirley & Don's about 5:30 and then a birthday party for Kim's daughter Amanda this evening, but we may not go to that. We are both tired and the stress will really start for Bill now. And since he will be stressed, it goes without saying that I will be stressed also. He's snoozing now so I know he doesn't feel well since he never sleeps in the daytime unless he doesn't feel well.

No comments:

Post a Comment