Friday, March 2, 2012

WE GOT A HEART!!! Dr. Hosenpud called about 11:30 last night to tell us that there was a possible donor...and then told us to get some sleep! Yeah, right! Anyway, he called again at 7 this morning and said to come in to the hospital.

Bill is being prepped with all of the testing, chest xray, ekg, bloodwork and all that other stuff and the surgery is scheduled tentatively for noon. Of course something could happen at the last minute, such as the heart not being viable, but for now everything is "go".

I had wondered how I would feel when the call came and now I know. I'm a little shaky and I've started popping Xanax. Bill is very calm right now, but he hasn't had time to really think about it. They've kept him pretty busy.

I'll keep updating this throughout the day. Just keep the prayers coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment