Thursday, December 13, 2012

We are home! We got here about 4:30 this afternoon and it feels really good! Our neighbor Ron was waiting on us with Bill's pal Buddy Dog and Bryan and the girls showed up a few minutes later. They were a big help getting things unloaded. Now to get everything unpacked and put away. But it all doesn't have to be done tomorrow!

We went to the Heart Transplant/LVAD Support Group Christmas Dinner Tuesday evening and had a good time. We saw several people we hadn't seen for a long time, nurses, and other patients and caregivers. Dr. Patel said that Bill and another man at our table were the sickest ones he had ever seen and of everyone in the room the chance of them (Bill and Bud) being there was about 2%. He said it was quite a testimony to their will to live. I also attributed it to his dedication, but he brushed it off.

It was sad for me to leave the condo. It was my place more than Bill's for the last 15 months and it had started to become home. But, I'm certainly glad to be home. When we pulled into the driveway our neighbor was waiting for us with a wreath on the door. And then I saw the trees...yellow ribbons. That's when I lost it, and again when the grandchildren came in the door, and again when my daughter came. I'll probably cry when the other grandkids and my son come. Family...that's what it's all about!

The church sent over a meat tray and one of the ladies from the church insisted on buying the groceries I told Emily to get. Our neighbor Ron also brought us a tray of cookies and someone brought a poinsettia. The girls and I put up our little Christmas tree (which promptly fell down) so Bryan had to help. All in all a good homecoming!

All for tonight. It's been a long couple of days and I'm fading fast! Goodnight everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment