Monday, December 10, 2012

We've had a very busy day! Left the house before 6 this morning and got home at noon. But, it was a productive day, and a little sad again. Dr. Patel had some difficulty with the biopsy. The sheath kept hanging up on something. He said it wasn't a blood clot because it wasn't "squishy". He thought it was a ridge that had formed in the artery where it was attached to the heart. He ended up using a larger sheath, which was more painful for Bill. But, on the echo he said the heart was thumping away beautifully! He also gave me a list of instructions for follow-ups with our primary care doc, the transplant center in Memphis, and a cardiologist. And, since ours retired, we have to find a new one. We aren't transferring care to Memphis, he just wants us to touch base in case he has any problems. They can eyeball him and then tell the Mayo docs what's going on.

After the biopsy and breakfast we got the oil changed, tires rotated, filled up, mailed some packages, and paid a bill. After we got home I changed our address with the post office and updated addresses on some accounts and got the laundry going.

We said good-bye to our stroke buddy who says Bill is his inspiration. We told him we would come by and see him when we come back in February.

I still don't know if everything is going to fit in the car and if it doesn't, I don't know what we will do. I've said I will Fedex Bill home, or tie him to the top of the car. And since it looks like we will be driving through some rain Wednesday, Fedex may win out!

Tomorrow we will get the results of the biopsy and then we have the support group Christmas dinner. We're going early to take one last walk on the pier before we leave. So, until we get the results tomorrow....have a good afternoon and evening.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like my biopsies .... early on I had trouble and one of the docs told me to ALWAYS tell the doc that was going to perform my biopsy to "check my card" (they had a card for each patient). Two of the things on my card, were "extra long sheath" & 2 "speed bumps" ..... by telling them before I lay down, it sure has helped. Hope you have a great Christmas! I sense one wonderful homecoming!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the info, our Dr wasn't too concerned and he did note it so hopefully they will check it in Feb at the next one. You have a great Christmas too.

      Delete