Saturday, June 22, 2013

Another decent week! We got some things accomplished and even spent some time apart. But, there was also some sadness again. One of my favorite bookkeeping clients passed away Sunday night. He was recently diagnosed with lung cancer and went really fast.

Father's Day Bill heard from 6 of the 7 kids. We went to church and I played the piano while Nita played the organ. We're going to do this for a few weeks. It felt good to be back at the piano but who knows how long that will last. We didn't have evening service so after we went out to eat, we just lazed around the rest of the day.

Bill and Ron spent most of the week together, doing what I have no idea. But, Ron is such a good friend to Bill. Bill told me that he's like me when it comes to making sure that he doesn't fall. They did have to work on Bill's car one day. It hadn't been driven for a while and the battery was dead. They cleaned the cables and jumped it and then took it to the car wash. It's done fine since.

I went to Jonesboro and bought a small table for behind the couch. Since both ends recline, it had to be small enough to fit behind the center section. Found the perfect one at Hobby Lobby and they were having a fantastic sale. Regular price was $130...only paid $44! While I was gone Bill got a haircut and then called me when he was back at home to let me know he was there.

I got all the glassware washed up that Bill had brought in from the apartment. It's now back on the hutch in the dining room. Got all the drawers in the hutch cleaned out. Found some stuff in there from 1998! The trash guys got a workout this week! Bill worked in the apartment rearranging his stuff.

We've both had the "I don't want to" today. We didn't want to do anything productive at all, whether it was cleaning something out, or being crafty, or shopping...we just didn't want to do anything except sit. But I guess it's OK to have days like that.

Our neighbors across the street had a security light put up at their house this week. I think we could play a ballgame in the back it's so bright now. Maybe the thieves will think twice before hitting the backyards again.

We're going to have McKenna this week. Brianna is going on a trip with the college. They have some classes here for 3 days and then 2 days in St. Louis with all expenses paid. She's excited about going. Kenna was excited about coming here, but now she wants to go to some friends from church. That's not going to happen. We'll find something for her to do. Hopefully she won't tire Bill out too much.

I've been trying to work on a letter to his donor's family. That's a very hard letter to write. Thank you just doesn't do it. There are restrictions on this letter, too. We can't give any personal information except first names, and no address. We can send pictures. So, I'm working on this.

All for this week. Again, it was just a regular week.

No comments:

Post a Comment