Saturday, June 15, 2013

We've had a much better week than last. We've both felt well, although allergies are still plaguing me. Bill and Ron hung out together most days working on "projects" which gave me some alone time. I could use more, but don't see that happening any time soon. Although, Bill is now showing some signs of  "independence" again in some aspects, but in others, not so much. He has moved more this week and is working more in the apartment on his mancave. He had moved a lot of stuff from the house out there (small things) when we were working on the house and he's brought them back in. That frees the shelf space for his stuff. Of course that means a little more work for me since the stuff all has to be washed before it can be put back. But, it has to be done sometime.

Yesterday was "Momma's" wake and the funeral was this morning. Some of the girls from the office met here and we all went together last night. We let the men off the hook for this one. We didn't go to the funeral though. And, after the wake a couple of the girls came back here and visited for awhile. Actually we weren't really visiting, we were gossiping! Got the scoop on a former employee and just dissected some other topics. It was nice to just sit and talk.

Took a ride through the country this morning. Had to run to Ryan's and I noticed the crops. The corn is shoulder high in some fields, waist high in others. The cotton is finally above ground and some farmers are starting to cut wheat. I dread when those fields are done because it's the practice here to burn the field off after the harvest so it can be replanted almost immediately with something else. The crop dusters have also been flying this morning and afternoon so between the two, breathing becomes more difficult. But, looking at the fields, I was reminded that amidst the sorrow of the deaths we've had, life goes on. Neighbors are mowing lawns, dusting and vacuuming takes place, meals are cooked. And for those little things, we are grateful.

As Bill is becoming more independent, I'm finding that it's still difficult to let go. But, I've got to let him do things for himself. I did discover that he won't remember to take his medicine if I don't remind him, and I don't think he would really eat if I didn't ask him what he wanted. It would be very nice if he did remember to do these things on his own. Then maybe I could sleep in until after 7 and not worry about if he took his medicine.

And so it goes...

No comments:

Post a Comment