Saturday, September 21, 2013

We have had a trying week this week. Sunday was the 2nd anniversary of the LVAD implant. I don't know if that matters to anyone but me anymore, but there it is.

Monday the Thunderbird overheated while we were going to breakfast. First time in a long time Bill wanted to go out for breakfast. We managed to park it and let it cool down and then were able to drive home with no problems. Called the dealer and they said to bring it in Tuesday morning. So, Tuesday morning we took it down and dropped it off...and then went out for breakfast since we weren't able to the day before. That afternoon I was trying to print the recipe I wanted to cook for dinner and the printer wouldn't work. I kept getting a message that it was offline and nothing I tried fixed it. So, I just downloaded it to my phone and read the recipe from there.

Wednesday Bill and Ron went to Memphis to pick up a windshield and then we picked up the car that afternoon.  I practiced some music while they were gone and then heard a noise in the computer room and the printer started spitting out some of the pages I had wanted to print on Tuesday! Must have had some gremlins! As we were getting ready to go to bed, the ceiling fan in the bedroom quit. The motor was running, but the blades weren't turning. Bill didn't mind it so much since he stays so cold all the time, but I stay hot at night (darn night sweats!) so I was afraid the room would be too warm, even with the air conditioning running. But, it wasn't bad.

Thursday we bought a new ceiling fan. Haven't gotten it put up yet. Ryan was going to do it last night but after working all day, and having some business to take care of afterwards, we told him he didn't have to do it. We are managing to get along without it.

It rained all day yesterday and boy did we need it! It didn't storm, just a nice steady rain. I did meet the school bus and took the girls home as it was raining hard at that time.

Today I met the youth of the church to practice for youth day tomorrow. They are taking over the service as far as the music goes. It's going to be interesting to say the least.

Bill hasn't felt really well most of the week. I think his work last Saturday wore him out more than he thought it would. He was very stiff for most of the week and had a headache every day. He also had a drippy nose and a cough. Last night he had a low grade fever. All of these could be signs of rejection. They are also all of the symptions of the virus going around. He's been better today and seemed to sleep better last night...but I didn't. He actually told me this morning to quit worrying about him! I just told him that's my job! He hasn't had any fever today so I don't think I'll need to call Stephanie Monday but we'll have to see.

So, as you can see, we haven't had an easy week, but it could have been worse!

No comments:

Post a Comment