Saturday, October 12, 2013

We have arrived in Florida for Bill's biopsy. This time the weather cooperated and we had no rain. The last few times we have driven through monsoons. Traffic was heavier in Alabama than usual, must have been a college football game in the area, but was much lighter in Florida than usual.

We had another week of frustrations. We had to change from DSL to fiber-optic internet. We were supposed to activate it on Monday, but the equipment wasn't due to be delivered until Tuesday. So, I changed the appointment to Thursday in the hopes the DSL wouldn't be turned off. Within an hour of re-scheduling the DSL was turned off. I was able to use my phone to get online, but I didn't like not using the computer! Just shows how dependent we can become on something! Bryan came over and got us activated. It went very smoothly and I probably could have done it. But, as I told him, if something had gone wrong, I would have had to call him anyway, so it was better to have him there at the start!

Bill had a good week. Spent time with Ron and Buddy. He's doing a little more around the house now. I've come home twice to find the vacuuming done and things picked up. Of course he has 2 main chores, making the bed and taking out the trash. The only time I remind him of the trash is to take the can to the curb on pick-up day.

He still has good days and bad days as far as memory goes and sometimes when he gets a certain thought in his head he worries over it for 2 or 3 days. But, at least he is thinking about things! On our trip yesterday we were passing a fireworks stand in Alabama and I asked him if he needed any fireworks. He calmly told me that they wouldn't want him in there. When I asked him why, he got a silly grin on his face and said "Baby, I'm hot"! Sometimes I just don't know about him!

All for tonight. We've gotten everything unpacked and drove to our favorite pizza place for dinner. We actually some home this time. We were both too tired to eat much. Of course we can always eat it tonight or tomorrow for lunch. We have a full fridge here so it will keep a few days. I'll update this again and let you know how the biopsy goes Monday. I don't know if I'll get it updated when we go to Clearwater. I don't know if the resort has internet or not. Just keep checking back. Goodnight all!

No comments:

Post a Comment