Saturday, October 26, 2013

We've had a very good week. We were still both pretty tired Sunday so didn't go to church. But, it did us good to stay home and relax. We had Brianna Monday afternoon as she wasn't feeling well and I picked her up from school. It was nothing contagious or to worry about, just "girl stuff". When I told her I had been messing with my blog before I picked her up she couldn't believe that her grandma had a blog! Hey, I'm a "with it" grandma!

Tuesday Bill had his bloodwork done and we both got flu shots. Bill also got his pneumonia shot. Exactly 8 hours after getting the shot I was sick with coughing, sneezing, sore throat, headache and sinus drainage. Felt bad for exactly 24 hours so hopefully that's all the flu I will get. Bill didn't have any flu symptoms. His arm is still very sore from the pneumonia shot. He got that one in his left arm which of course is the weaker one.

The weather turned cold the middle of the week and I love it! It was 29 when I got up yesterday morning and the car was frosted over. But, the house was nice and cozy. After it warmed up a little we made a quick trip to Jonesboro to pick up Kayden's birthday present. Cotton picking has started now. There were lots of fields that had not been picked and those white fields are what I missed while we were in Florida.

Kim called in the afternoon and said that Bill's bloodwork came back fine so we can stay at the lower dose of Prograf. She also said that everything else looked good so he got enough liquid in him.

He went shopping with Ron today and they worked on the generator. The battery doesn't want to stay charged even with a trickle charger attached all the time. The got the posts cleaned and found a broken wire that was fixed and it should be OK now. Their little shopping trip gave me a few hours alone to do nothing! And that's pretty much what I did!

So, there you have the highlights of our week. It seems like we're getting very normal now and sometimes it's easy to forget all that we've been through. Normal is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment