Saturday, November 2, 2013

Wow! I just realized when I logged in that there have been over 16,000 pageviews! For them to continue to grow, especially now that we're on the downhill side of this journey, is amazing!

Our week was OK, busy at times and boring at other times. Brianna came over after school on Monday and we did a little shopping. We were only supposed to get some specialty yarn for a scarf for her. She had wanted yellow but they don't make it in yellow so I wanted her to pick the color. She found the color and then talked me into a T-shirt and some leggings, plus a snack and drink. Then I had to get her sister something of course. What can I say, I'm an easy touch!

Tuesday and Wednesday were nothing special. The weather was very warm and windy. We were able to turn the heat off and open the door again. I was glad I hadn't switched the screen and glass.

Thursday, Halloween, was dark and rainy all day, but still very warm and windy. Kayden and Kiyann came by to show us their costumes. We only had about a dozen trick or treaters. This was also the first year in a long time that we actually bought some candy and turned the light on. But, we have some kids in the neighborhood now so thought we should do something. Just as the time frame ended we were put into a tornado watch, tornado warning, and severe thunderstorm warning, almost simultaneously. We got some rain and the wind picked up even more, but the brunt of the storm missed us. There was a tornado in a small town southwest of us. Most of the town has damaged and, according to news reports, there was a group of kids still out when the sirens went off. Luckily, a woman started gathering them into her storm cellar. No lives were lost and only 4 injuries were reported throughout the town, but there is a lot of property damage.

We picked Kayden and Kiyann up after school Friday. Their mom was going to a funeral in Tennessee and didn't know if she would be back in time. It's Ryan's week-end to have them so he and Amanda came to pick them up shortly after we got home and stayed for supper. We had a good time with the kids and they brought their dogs since they were treating the house for bugs.

Ryan and Amanda have finally set a wedding date...in 2 weeks! I hope they can pull it together! We are also getting a new grandbaby in July! This will be #25...or 26, I really do need to sit down and add them up!

Bill never did get "the flu" but his arm stayed very sore from his pneumonia shot for a week. My flu symptoms came back Sunday morning. It was a horrible breathing day until later in the afternoon. I finally started coughing and moving the junk around. Emily brought me a new inhaler Monday afternoon. I haven't had to use it yet and have felt much better. I think this has been a combination of flu shot, weather changes and just the normal "delta crud" that is prevalent in this area. I talked to some others who got the flu shot and they also got sick the same day.

I've started setting an alarm in the mornings. We've been sleeping a little later than we had been. I used to wake up when our neighbor started his truck at 6 to go to work, but now I'm not waking up until the 1st school bus comes at 6:45. I'm afraid we're going to sleep through Bill's meds time. The anti-rejection pills have to be taken on a pretty strict schedule. I'ts a good thing I set it because I slept until it went off this morning! And with the time change tonight I'll have to tweak the time some for a couple of days to ease into the change.

It doesn't seem like it should be November already. I'm actually starting to get into a holiday mood, and this is early for me! I could very easily put the Christmas tree up, and I never put it up before Thanksgiving, and usually wait until December to do it!

All for now. Thanks for checking in on us!

2 comments:

  1. Proud to say I'm at least a few of those views! Trying to remember how I found you... at mylvad, I'm pretty sure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading! Wherever you are in your journey, as patient or caregiver, I pray it will be successful.

      Delete