Saturday, November 30, 2013

Our week, along with the month of November, has gone really fast. And our weather is doing its usual Arkansas changes. Sunday was cold and windy, Monday we had sleet and freezing rain with a few snowflakes thrown in. Then it changed to just rain. Warmer Tuesday and Wednesday and then the temps bottomed out again. This is the first day it's gotten out of the 30s. And next week will be even worse. By Thursday it's supposed to be 65, and then rain changing to snow Friday into Saturday. No wonder I have a cold I can't shake!

Our Thanksgiving was very quiet. We had a traditional dinner with all the fixin's and still have a ton of leftovers. Instead of more turkey today, we went out for lunch and I have a meatloaf in the oven as I write this. We've spent a couple of very lazy days. I don't go shopping for Black Friday. I really don't understand why people would want to be in those crowds. There were fights at our local Wal-Mart as usual.

I did manage to get the living room ready for the Christmas tree. I had thought I would get it out of the attic today, but just getting things ready wore me out. As I said, this cold is trying to really get me down.

Bill did some walking on the treadmill this week, and helped with dinner and clean-up on Thanksgiving. He really messed up his pills again this week. He didn't take his Monday morning medicine and I didn't catch it until it was time for his night medicine. Then Tuesday, he took his night medicine instead of his after breakfast medicine. So, I gave him part of his Monday morning medicine before I went to bed. I went to bed before he did and when I got up and was getting his medicine ready for the day I saw that he had taken the Wednesday morning medicine Tuesday night! Of course, all of these meds are his anti-rejection meds. But, he didn't seem to have any ill effects from the missed/extra doses. We'll both just have to be more careful. I don't think he realizes the importance of these meds, especially since he was so sick after the transplant. He missed all of the training Mayo gives for the meds. I've tried to teach him about them and why they have to be taken the way they do, but he doesn't seem to be understanding it. I've thought about setting alarms on his phone to see if that would help him, but I have my doubts.

Our newest great-grandchild arrived Wednesday night at 8:24 pm. Her name is Delilah Faith and is a cutie! They are still in the hospital because she was a little jaundiced, but should be going home tomorrow.

All for this week. I hope everyone had a blessed Thanksgiving. And if you went shopping, as my daughter, daughter-in-law, and granddaughter did, I hope you were able to find what you were looking for. If it's cold where you are, stay warm, and if it's warm...enjoy it!

2 comments: