Saturday, November 23, 2013

Nothing spectacular happened here this week. Got a little worried about family and friends in Illinois with all of the tornados. My sister said it was a little scary. All are fine as far as I know. One thing that struck me was that there were 40+ tornados in 12 states, and very few deaths. I think the last count I heard was 6, but I could be wrong. That shows that early warning systems are effective and people heeded the warnings and were watching the skies. Even though the property damage and loss is huge, it could have been so much worse!

Bill has still been pretty inactive. He did help some in the house this week and today he walked on the treadmill for about an hour. He's still not doing as much as he should, and I don't know of any way to get him to move. I was sneaky Monday night. Some friends invited us over for barbecue and they live a block away. So...we walked! Even though it was dark when we walked home, and had gotten pretty cool, it did us both good.

I have finally given in! I've been fighting getting the Christmas things out. I still haven't broken down and decorated yet but I've started some Christmas crafting and looking at different decorations. I bought Christmas cards this week, and everything I've ordered has either arrived or been shipped. I still refuse to watch any Christmas movies or listen to any Christmas music, but I did download the Christmas books to my Nook.

The skit for the kids is finished, along with a powerpoint. Ruth, the youth leader, and I met at the church this week to see what the decorations were like and walked through the skit a little. We're meeting with the youth Monday evening to start decorating and they will get the skit for the first time. Hopefully they'll agree to do it. They don't like talking in front of people so it's going to be tough.

I think we're ready for Thanksgiving. It's just going to be the 2 of us so just got a small turkey breast. We'll just spend a quiet day together. We got the chimney cleaned this week and it's gotten quite cold, so we can have a fire and watch the Macy's parade. We won't watch football, but there's bound to be something on we can watch.

All for this week. I hope everyone has a blessed Thanksgiving. There are so many blessings hiding in our lives that if we look hard enough we can find at least one. Of course there are the major ones, life, health, family, but look around to find the ones that aren't so obvious. Last year as we were walking on the pier at Flagler Beach with my sister we saw a bird with only 1 foot hopping along. We all said "poor bird", until we saw the one next to it with only 1 leg! Little blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment