Saturday, November 9, 2013

This time change has been horrible for me! Usually I like this one, but not this year. As I read over last week's post, I saw at the end that I had mentioned setting an alarm now since we were sleeping later. Since the time change the latest I have slept is 6. For the first couple of days I was awake at 5:45, then 5:15, then 5. Finally yesterday and today it has been 6. And, I'm having to stay up later, just to get sleepy! It's reminding me of a Stephen King book where an elderly man keeps getting up earlier and earlier until he's not sleeping at all...and the things that creep through the town in the wee hours. If you haven't read Insomnia, it's a pretty good book.

Other than not sleeping, and Bill has also been getting up earlier, we didn't do much. We've had rain and wind and colder temps so we've pretty much stayed in. Bill did finally go to the apartment and use the treadmill yesterday afternoon. He and Ron bought a new battery for the generator and it's now ready to go.

We made a run to Ryan's Thursday evening and then to Mistie's to take her Kayden's school pictures he had left at Daddy's. I think Mistie was a little uncomfortable while we were there because her current in-laws were also there. But, she's still family, and we know how it is with new family members.

I've seen a lot of posts on Facebook since the first of November of being thankful. While I'm glad to see that people are thankful for many things, I wonder it they are thankful only in the days leading up to Thanksgiving, or are they thankful every day. That's one of the reasons I don't post daily thanks. I'm thankful for many things every day of the year, and try to remember to thank God daily for his blessings.

I'm also not liking the "Countdown to Christmas" that Hallmark channel is doing. Don't get me wrong, I love Christmas movies. But, I don't like them starting right after Halloween. Thanksgiving is becoming the forgotten holiday and it used to be the holiday that ushered in the Christmas season. So, I'm not watching any Christmas until the day after Thanksgiving (unless It's A Wonderful Life is on Thanksgiving night).
 
OK, those are my rants for the night. We have birthday/anniversary fellowship after worship service tomorrow. We usually have chicken, but my buddy Larry has told me we're having ham this week. I've made a chocolate cake to take. Hope everyone has a good week ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment