Saturday, January 25, 2014

We've had a heat wave...got up to 55 today! We've had such strange weather this week and it looks like it will continue next week. It will be in the upper 50s to upper 60s one day and the next day it will be in the 20s. But, we haven't had the snow and ice that so many have had to deal with. We did have some extremely cold temps this week, 6 the other morning and it's supposed to do the same next week. So, we stay in as much as possible, hope the pipes don't freeze, and sit in front of the fire.

I caught Bill's cold finally on Sunday and felt pretty bad for a couple of days. I didn't go to church Sunday and Bill only went in the morning. We didn't, I just found out, have a pianist that evening since I wasn't there, but that happens. Anyway, I'm still a little stuffed up, but I at least have had some energy, although I've gotten tired easily.

We did accomplish some things this week. We got most of the furniture moved out of our bedroom and taken to Ryan and Amanda's. Now to clean up the room, pack things away and get ready to start painting. Bill and I were able to move the furniture out ourselves and even got the mattress/box springs taken out. Didn't get them to the curb for trash pickup, but that isn't until Thursday so we have a few days. But, we were pretty proud of ourselves!

Other than working around here we haven't done much. Bill keeps asking when we are going back to Florida. He can't remember that we don't have to go until May.

That's about it for this week. Stay warm wherever you are!

No comments:

Post a Comment