Saturday, May 9, 2015

Six states, five days, almost 1500 miles, I'm pooped! This was the first time we made such a quick turn around, and I don't think we will do it again! We usually take a day after we arrive to rest up, and while we don't take a day after all the appointments, I don't think we will do it this way again! Bill had 11 appointments on Tuesday, starting at 6:45. They probably would have been broken into 2 days if it wasn't for the golf tournament this week-end. I would not have been able to extend our hotel reservations, so they were able to cram them all into 1 day.

Everything went very well and the drs. were very pleased with him. We hadn't seen Dr. Hosenpud since his first annual visit and he almost couldn't believe the way he looked. He does have an abdominal hernia, but they weren't concerned with it as it doesn't bother him. The dermatologist also found the beginnings of a small cyst on his back, but she said it wasn't anything to worry about unless it really started to grow or got painful. Other than those 2 things, all of his labs were good, his white count has gone back to normal, and there were no signs of infection or cancers. All in all a good visit. We do still have to do some stool tests here and sent back (not as bad as it sounds) and then we are done until 3 month labs in August.

We are going to start replacing things this week-end. I ordered Bill a camera Thursday after we got home. Nothing would do but we order it that night. Hopefully I only paid for it once since I was so tired. But, he wasn't turning loose of the idea. That's another side affect of the stroke. Once he gets an idea in his mind, it's the only topic of conversation until it is resolved to his satisfaction. Sometimes I get really short with him, mainly when I'm really tired like I was yesterday with something, but most of the time I try to remember that he can't help it.

So, we've replaced the TV and now the camera. We're going to get computers today. I've done some research and I think I've found what we want, at least what I want. I really don't know if we should replace Bill's laptop since he doesn't seem to have much desire to us one anymore, but maybe it will also give him some incentive. I know that I will have to set his up before I can even start on mine because I'll be interrupted too much to concentrate. Sounds harsh, but it's just a fact.

I finally forced myself to go through my jewelry. I was so afraid that the pearl and diamond earrings that my mother gave me for my 50th birthday would be gone. I was very relieved to find them in a plastic pouch with the worry stone my friend gave me while we were in Florida. The only thing I haven't found is my college class ring. I had taken it off that morning to wear a different one to church. Of course, since everything was destroyed it could have been knocked off the table and is under the bed, or under something that I haven't looked under yet. But, that seems to be the only thing missing.

There you have it, another week down. It's getting really dark out and I'm hearing some thunder now. A lovely rainy day...just what I need. But, maybe my headache will finally go away when the front gets through. Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there, especially my own, who I know will read this at some point today. I love you and will try to call tomorrow afternoon!

1 comment: