Saturday, March 19, 2016

We have not had a good week. We did have to cancel the dinner plans with our friends, at the last minute. Bill started having stomach cramps with nausea about 30 minutes before we were supposed to meet them. He was still feeling bad on Sunday and by that evening had a full blown cold again.

He was very nice and shared his cold with me on Tuesday. His has been mostly a drippy nose and a productive cough. His inhalers are keeping things moving so hopefully we have warded off another bout of pneumonia. Mine has been a very sore throat and dry cough.

I had some old, but not outdated, antibiotics here so started taking them Thursday. I'm usually one of the ones that takes all of the medication. If it's to be taken for 10 days, I usually take it the 10 days. But, sometimes amoxicillan (sp) upsets my stomach, even taking it with food. But, I decided to try it. The throat is somewhat better. The cough comes and goes and seems to be worse in the evening. This morning when I went in to take it after breakfast I noticed that my face was horribly red and broken out. I haven't had such a bad attack of rosacea for years. The only thing I can think of that would trigger it now is the amox. So, no more of that. But, I also had some doxycycline which works on the acne part so started taking that. I have some cream that will help with the redness too...if I can only find it! The empty box will not do me any good! So for now, until I can find it, I'll have to put up with the throbbing itch!

I had the rest of my physical this week, except for the colonoscopy and she told me I was perfect. All of my numbers were good as far as HDL/LDL, kidney and liver function perfect and all my parts looked and felt pink and healthy. Of course it will be a little while before the pap results are in but don't look for any problems.

Sunday evening we had some tornado warnings and the weather got a little crazy but then the first part of the week was lovely. I even had to turn the air conditioning on. But, we are back to the heat and it's supposed to be in the 30s tonight with frost. Our trees have budded now so I hope this is the last cold snap.

Amanda is having surgery Monday morning. She has a gumball size tumor on the membrane of her brain, not the brain itself. The dr. believes that it is benign by the way it is growing, but I'm sure it will be biopsied. They've been told it will be a 2-3 hour surgery and she will spend at least 1 day in ICU and should be able to come home by Friday. We're not going to the hospital since we've been sick and I think there will be enough people with Ryan so that he's not alone. So, prayers for them still, please.

That's about it from the Haven Convalescent Home. I hope by this time next week we'll both be up and running!

1 comment:

  1. Hope you both feel better soon and best wishes to Amanda with her surgery!

    ReplyDelete