Saturday, March 5, 2016

As I sit here this morning I'm wracking my brain trying to remember what we've done this past week and I'm pretty much coming up blank. It must have been a pretty normal, dull week.

We did have another go-around with insurance and medications. Now, after getting new prescription for Symbicort, insurance has decided they won't pay for it, but they will pay for Advair. So, another message to the dr. for the new one. We've had to switch all of these meds to home delivery, which is OK with me. We will save money 24/month through the local pharmacy compared to 20/quarter. They also want us to switch his other meds, and we would save money on some, but I want to keep them through the Mayo pharmacy. We don't pay that much and the peace of mind is worth it.

Bill has been doing better with fluids again. Only cramps 1 night and that day he didn't drink much. Maybe that will be it for awhile.

We got his itinerary for his May check-up and I have to call them. Dr. Hosenpud said that he wanted to do a heart cath this time instead of the stress echo. The stress echo is what is scheduled. I also noticed that there was no dermatology appointment so I need to ask about that. Right now everything is being done in 1 day...10 appointments starting at 7:30 and ending at 3. Of course some of the appointments are done back to back in the same place, such as the blood draw, 24 hour urine catch container and the stool sample instructions. They also do the chest xray and ekg back to back in the same area. It looks and sounds worse than it is. There isn't much time between for meals and if they do the stress echo he can only have a light meal. So, I'll talk to Stephanie next week and see if things need changed. It could be that they decided on the stress echo due to the emphysema and COPD, which hadn't been diagnosed when Dr. Hosenpud made his decision about the cath.

I haven't felt good the last couple of days. I don't really think it's the cold/sinus problem that has plagued everyone all winter, it's more allergy related. The trees have started to bud and I noticed the other day that the tulip trees have bloomed. I remember when I was married the first time in 1973 and the tulip trees had bloomed that week and we were able to have pictures taken under the tree. But, I think all of this is stirring my allergies. My throat has been very sore and it's just from sinus drainage. I've also had a sinus headache...welcome to spring!

We got some bad news concerning our daughter-in-law this last week. She's been having terrible headaches and an MRI was finally done. It shows a mass on the right side of her brain and white patches on the left which shouldn't be there for someone her age. They are waiting on an appointment with a neurosurgeon. She told me Thursday that the entire left side of her head hurts and the pain is starting to affect her face. She's going back to her regular dr. Monday to see if he can expedite things. So, if you are a praying person, say a prayer for Amanda, and if you're not, think good thoughts for her.

We're supposed to get monsoonal rain this coming week, starting Monday night. Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday are supposed to be the bad days. The local weatherman is comparing this with the flooding that Nashville, TN experienced in 2010, so it's going to be pretty bad.

That's about all I can think of. Probably as soon as I publish this I'll think of everything I wanted to say. Maybe I'll start working on this early in the week and just save it as a draft. Hmm, might have to try that!

1 comment:

  1. Pretty normal is a good thing. Thoughts and prayers for Amanda.

    ReplyDelete