Saturday, February 27, 2016

I've had a hard time getting motivated to write this weeks update. 

Bill had leg cramps 3 nights this week. I finally had to threaten to start an IV if he didn't start drinking. He seems to think that when his legs cramp just drinking some in the middle of the night when they wake him will do the trick. He did better last night and slept most of the night, only getting up once for the bathroom.

He's also taking his oxygen off in the middle of the night and throwing it on the floor. He acts like it is just a big joke when I tell him it doesn't do him any good. 

I know he gets tired of me nagging at him to take his medicine, or use his inhalers, or drink, or keep his oxygen on, but if I didn't do it, he wouldn't take his medicine, or use his inhalers, or drink or use the oxygen. So, if anyone has any suggestions let me know.

We got his drivers license renewed on his birthday. I was concerned that he wouldn't pass the eye test, but he did fine. This one is good for 8 years which will make him 81 when it expires.

After we left the license bureau (revenue office for local folks) I took him out for a birthday breakfast. The weather was supposed to be bad that night so we knew we probably wouldn't be able to go out for dinner.

Our neighbor Ron brought his dinner on Wednesday, ribs and baked potatoes and some green beans. He brought an entire rack of ribs and the potatoes were big enough that we could have shared them. We got 2 meals out of them and then I had the last of them for lunch again yesterday.

That's about the highlights. Like I said, I'm not motivated to do this today. Maybe next weeks will be better.

1 comment: