Friday, February 5, 2016

Decided to update this tonight instead of in the morning.

We got the results of the overnight oxygen saturation test and it shows that Bill does need to use his oxygen at night. He doesn't seem to understand why he needs it and he keeps taking it off if he gets up to go to the bathroom and doesn't put it back on. He tried telling me this evening that it bothers him all night, but I've watched and he's sleeping fine, hasn't even gotten up much in the night for the bathroom.

The inhalers have worked wonders for him. The cough he had is almost entirely gone and he's not breathing as hard at times. But, insurance won't pay for one of them so they've substituted another one which is harder for him to use. I've also heard from my mother that it doesn't work as well for her as Advair. Yes, Mom, they put him on Symbicort. He was doing really well with the Breo, so we'll see how he does. Depending on cost without insurance, we might just pay for it out-of-pocket.

We went to Walmart today and walked most of the store. Started out in pharmacy then walked to automotive, back to electronics, to jewelry and then to vacuums and cleaning supplies. Bill did really well but asked if he could sit while I got the few grocery items we needed. So he waited at Subway while I finished up. He walked faster than he had for quite a while since he hasn't been active for so long now, so I was pleased with his effort.

I got our taxes filed this week, but our state return wasn't accepted. It's a glitch in the program. I was online with H&R Block trying to figure it out and then an hour on the phone with another tier of help yesterday. It still hasn't been resolved. I need to wait for a program update next week to see if that works. If not I'll have to mail the return in, which is no big deal. The guy on the phone gave me a $50 refund on the price of the program which was totally unexpected. I tried to talk him into refunding just the cost of the state program, but he was having none of that. I even told him that I was a retired Block employee and would have bought the program anyway and would continue to but he just punched buttons and said "Done".

Our weather was up and down again this week. It was 77 Tuesday and 48 Wednesday. I woke up Wednesday with a headache, sore throat, stuffy nose and just achy. I felt a little better yesterday and today I'm pretty much back to normal. I was supposed to go to the dr. yesterday for the annual prescription renewal appointment and had to cancel it. I still have enough meds that I can go next week and still get the renewal on time.

Since Bill only has to use the oxygen at night, we're going to see if there is a smaller unit that is easier to travel with. We know there is one by the same manufacturer, but we don't know if our supplier carries it. I felt so bad the last 2 days though that I didn't feel like calling to ask.

That's it for this week. We're slowly getting back to normal. Still not getting around a lot of people but we have ventured out a couple of times this week. Hope everyone has had a good week and hope your week ahead is good too.

1 comment: