Saturday, February 20, 2016

Good Morning everybody! It's a nice warm morning, the sun is trying to come out, the wind has calmed down and I slept really well last night. The laundry is half done, supper is in the crockpot, and the bed stripped and remade. It's amazing what having energy can do for a person!

We've had a basically normal week. We both had eye appointments and neither of us had to get new glasses. I had to get new ones last year and Bill the year before so we were pleased that we were still good.

We went to Jonesboro Thursday to get my diamonds inspected to keep the warranty valid. We used to make it a day with shopping and lunch out or visiting friends, but Bill just can't do that anymore. We got the ring looked at and spent $1.50 on 2 cups of coffee and came home. For those of you who don't know the area we are in, there is not much local shopping. We have to drive an hour west, or 1 1/2 hours south, 2 hours north, or 45-1 hour east. That's why we would make a day of it. Maybe once he gets some stamina back we'll be able to do a little more.

Bill has been talking about getting back to his treadmill. While that is a good goal, he is nowhere ready for that. I told him that they only way he was going to do that right now is if I was with him and he only walked 10 minutes. I remembered last night how we worked up to the treadmill when we were in Florida and I reminded him of that last night. We would walk around the condo complex. When we first started we would usually only make it to the end of the building and back then worked up to around the block, to the pool, to the exercise room and then to the mailboxes. He did remember how we did that, so today, since there is no rain forecast until tonight, we're going to walk to the end of the block and back. That may not take 10 minutes, but it's a start. Hopefully the weather will keep cooperating this coming week and we can work up to around the block pretty fast.

Tuesday is Bill's 73rd birthday. His drivers license expires this year so Monday we have to go to the revenue office to renew it. We don't have any appointments scheduled for next week so who knows what kind of trouble we can get into!

That's all I can think of for today. I'd better get a move on before my energy is gone! Have a good week-end and a good week ahead!

1 comment:

  1. I need a treadmill, since I never get out of the house. Good luck with Bill's walking and wish him Happy Birthday on Tuesday, from me!

    ReplyDelete