Saturday, July 2, 2016

It finally happened this week! We finally got some rain. Monday afternoon it rained really hard for about 20 minutes and then slowly for quite a while after that. We also got another little shower Tuesday afternoon. The temperature dropped 10 degrees Monday and felt very nice.

Because of the rain, and the watering we did, our grass is finally starting to come back some. Maybe by the end of summer! Anyway, it doesn't look nearly as bad as it did a couple of months ago.

It's been another of those weeks where not much happened. The highlight, other than the rain, was that I had to buy a set of tires for my Journey. I had one that was very low and while we were putting some air in I notice a huge screw head. It was one of the ones with a hex head. We were able to get it plugged, but the type of tire I have is on national back-order with no expected available date. I didn't want to put an odd tire on, so, a new set of tires! After all, it's only money! And, I wanted to be sure about the tires since we have a couple of trips coming up.

Bill is out walking on his treadmill this morning. We have a chance of rain for this afternoon and the entire week-end. The best chance of rain is for Monday afternoon/evening. It's a good thing we weren't planning on going to the fireworks display! We haven't gone for the past several years, too many people, too many mosquitos. So, we'll watch one of the big city displays on TV. I have a couple of steaks for us to grill but that can be done any day.

That's about it. There have been a couple of tragic events in town over the last couple of weeks, but I'm not going into detail about it. It's just been a very sad time here.

All for now. Need to check my spaghetti sauce and, as usual, yarn is calling my name. I got some lovely yarns yesterday, but I'm having trouble finding just the right patterns. So, swatching is on the agenda today to see what will work. Be safe celebrating our country today!

2 comments:

  1. After all our rain, the grass is growing like crazy! Our yard guy, who we've had for years, got a call for a liver transplant while he was here Friday before last. He was out of the hospital by Wednesday! I was impressed!

    ReplyDelete