Saturday, July 9, 2016

We survived our July 4th celebrations with a minimum of fuss. We did not cook-out, but had our steaks anyway and they were quite tasty if I do say so myself. The neighborhood was basically quiet compared to other years. The neighbors fired enough fireworks that we were able to watch from inside the house. It's also noisy for a few days after, but not this year, only a couple of firecrackers.

The rest of the week was routine. We were forecast severe storms and McKenna spent most of the day with us. She was home alone since Brianna was babysitting and since they live in the country Em asked if we would bring her into town. The storms did not materialize but we had a nice afternoon with her.

My nephew is getting married toward the end of the month and this week I started looking through clothes. I know what I'm wearing, I've known for months. But, Bill needed to try on his suit so we did that yesterday. His sport coat fits well, but not the trousers. We had planned on shopping this week-end, but decided to go next week instead.

It's dreary and cloudy today, but cooler than it has been. Our heat index yesterday was 108 again. Even though it's cooler it's very humid, so still is hard to breathe. We had a doozy of a storm come through in the middle of the night. It was actually the wee hours of the morning. It was one of those where the lightning and thunder arrive at the same time, shaking the windows and bed. And getting jarred awake at 3:30 gives a little kick to the heart rate! It was very ironic because when the storm was winding down I got 2 weather alerts on my phone with a storm warning! It doesn't look like there was any damage. I don't think the wind was much of a factor, just lightning and heavy rain. But, we needed it and now I don't have to water today! We're finally getting some grass back and the lawn is looking more like normal.

So, that's been our week, just normal every day stuff. Hope you've had a good week, too.

2 comments:

  1. I loathe shopping, but need some new clothes myself. I've gained so much weight nothing fits. Considering I weighed 80 pounds a year ago, I've sure done a complete turnaround. I've never been this big in my life!

    Glad your storms just brought rain and no damage!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel your pain! I hate shopping...unless it's for books or yarn, anything but clothes!

    ReplyDelete