Saturday, September 10, 2016

The day is getting away from me. I guess because we slept later this morning, although by sleeping in standards, we still got up pretty early. But it was later for me than usual.

We both gave in and let the cold that's going around get the best of us. I caught it Tuesday and felt horrible until Thursday. I still don't feel great, but much better than I did. Emily told me it lasts about 8 days before feeling really good so I'm about halfway there. Bill started getting "snotty" Thursday and felt bad yesterday. He feels and looks better today so maybe because of his daily antibiotic he didn't get a full dose.

We received some very sad news Wednesday. Our transplant friend Paul passed away Wednesday morning after a short but painful battle with lung cancer that moved to several other organs. He was a sweetheart of a man and will be missed by a lot of people. As one member of the support group said, he was truly grateful every day for his heart and the extra time he was given.

Our weather is supposed to start cooling down this coming week and we've been told that the lows will start in the 50s and drop to the 40s by later in the week. I don't know if I'm ready to turn the heat on yet, but I am ready for the 90s to be gone.

We went to Applebees for our anniversary dinner Saturday night. We like their 2 for $20 and 2 for $25 menu. And for those who don't frequent them much, you can get 1 meal from the $20 and 1 from the $25 for $22.50. Isn't that fun to know? We really don't care about the cost that much, we just like the food and they do a good steak.

Those are the highlights of our week. We're finally getting the hedges trimmed today. The young man gave us a quote of $30 for 7 bushes/hedges and I told him that was way too low. He said he hates giving estimates and he's always too low. So, until next week...have a good one!

1 comment: