Saturday, September 3, 2016

Another normal week. I don't even really know what to put here. We had no problems with health, although Bill is coughing more lately and doesn't seem to want to do anything. He's done this before so I'm not sure what's going on. The weather has changed and a lot of people around have head colds. But, his cough is just his normal cough and all of his vital signs are good, so it's puzzling.

We did make an impromptu trip to Dyersburg, TN to JoAnn Fabrics. We were gone exactly 2 hours and it's a 45 minute trip each way. We went for one specific thing and it was in stock. Since the drive is through the country, and a lot of our trips are through the country even when it's not by choice, we, or at least I, noticed that farmers have started harvesting the corn. That means that defoliating the cotton will begin soon and I will want to hibernate.

We've heard from our Florida friends and family and they have all weathered the storm. Most had mainly rain. I've seen that our South Carolina ones have been online, so they must be OK too.

I felt the big Oklahoma earthquake this morning. By the time the wave got here, it just felt like I was laying in a hammock gently swaying instead of my bed that shouldn't be moving. I didn't hear any rattling of glassware or anything and Bill felt nothing at all. And, our OK people are fine.

Looking at our calendar for September, there is nothing on it except for today. It is our 26th anniversary, and Bill's daughter Aimee and husband Lee's anniversary, and I think for them it is #10. We're probably going out to eat tonight, although I told Bill even if we ordered pizza that would be OK too since our first "date" was pizza. One of the effects of the stroke is that Bill doesn't have much concept of time. He asked me how many years this would be and when I told him he just said "Damn, has it been that long?"! I don't know if he was meaning that's a long time or it doesn't seem like it's been that long, and I don't think I want to find out! I'll just take it as time flies when you're having fun!

All for now. For those of you who watch college football, enjoy the games today. As for us, we'll stick to watching baseball!

No comments:

Post a Comment