Saturday, August 27, 2016

We've slowly gotten back to normal, whatever normal is. All of our cold symptoms have gone away and Bill is back to exercising, at least every couple of days. We had a drier week than last week with only some pop-up showers this week.

We did have McKenna one day this week. She fell Wednesday night and landed on her left wrist. There was an EMT at the church and he checked her out and said that he didn't think it was broken. I picked her up from school, she only lasted 30 minutes, and took her to the dr. for xrays. He didn't think it was broken and couldn't see anything on the xray but wanted her splinted for a few days. Since she's left-handed she couldn't write so she didn't go back to school. He did give her some pain pills and after she took one she slept for 3 1/2 hours, so she wasn't going to take any more of those if she needed to be awake.

Today is Kayden's first pee wee football game. He's so excited! It was 2 1/2 hours away so there was no way we were going to try to go. I think our days of watching the grandkids do things are in the past. It's sad in a way, but we have to do what is best for us.

We did go to Jonesboro Monday afternoon and got my ring inspected and made a stop at Hobby Lobby for some yarn, as if I really needed any more. But this was for a special project. I was hoping it could be done in blue since I have most of the shades needed, but no, it was purple! I have so many projects going now that I'm going to set up a schedule for working on all of them together. That may not work, just have to see. We stopped at Sonic on the way home for a milkshake since it was too early for dinner out and then we didn't eat anything at all that night.

Today's already been a busy one, laundry more than half done, and talked to my sister and my daughter. When the laundry is done I'm going to finish my shawl project that I had ordered. I had to order more yarn and got it all done except for the edging at the neckline last night. I don't like the way the instructions say to pick up the stitches, so I took it out and will do it a different way that will look better.

That's it for the week. The dryer just buzzed again so that means the sheets are done so back to work for me. Have a good week!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment