Saturday, August 13, 2016

Have you ever thought about how much you use your thumbs? I really didn't until last night after I sliced mine open on a soup can lid. After we finally got it to stop bleeding and got a bandage on it that would stay (mainly because it had stopped bleeding), I'm finding I can't do much! Of course it's my right thumb and I'm right handed. But, normal things in the bathroom, dressing/undressing and typing. Needless to say the dishes didn't get washed last night. Hopefully today Bill can help me get the dishwasher unloaded/loaded. And while I can knit, I can't purl and there is 1 purled row in the pattern repeat in the project I'm working on now.

Other than the excitement of blood everywhere last night, we've had a pretty normal week. The nurse came Monday and just had some follow-up questions to ask. He was a really nice man. I don't know how often he will follow up or if this will just be a one time visit.

Bill had a few days of violent sneezing and nasal drainage that nothing much would help. It started out of the blue. I gave him Benadryl and that didn't touch the drainage. I could tell it was really bothering him in the evening so I gave him some Tylenol Cold and Sinus and that worked a little better but not much. Finally settled on a generic chlor-tab and that worked for 12 hours instead of 4. He did wear his oxygen some that afternoon since it seemed like he was having trouble breathing and I know that O2 dries out the nasal passage, so maybe that helped the most because he slept well each night. He had no sneezing or drainage yesterday, and the weather was changing, but it has started some again this morning.

That's about it for this week. Nothing unusual going on. Hopefully we'll get some rain today. The state is supposed to inundated with water this week-end, but our area is supposed to be in the drier part. It is so dry now my trees are dropping leaves like crazy. I still think we are living a real life "Under the Dome" here. Everywhere else gets rain, we get thunder and 10 raindrops and that's it.

I noticed this morning that there was a spike in readership overnight by about 200! That's a pretty big jump. I also have a new follower. I hope that whoever you are that you've learned something you were needing to know and thanks for following along with our journey!

Until next time...

1 comment:

  1. Fluoroquinolone toxicity left me with a frozen left shoulder and two frozen thumbs. I really had to learn to adapt! Thankfully they are all unfrozen now, although still not perfect. Hope the thumb heals soon.

    ReplyDelete