Saturday, August 20, 2016

It's been a busy, but productive morning! Breakfast cooked and eaten, 1 load of laundry put away, another in the dryer, 1 in the washer and 1 more waiting, and a pot of chili in the crockpot...and it's not even noon!

We haven't had a good week. Bill started showing all the symptoms of the cold that is making the rounds. So far OTC meds have kept it back and he says he's feeling better, but Thursday was pretty rough for him. He hasn't run any fever, but his appetite was off, he was coughing more and he didn't argue when I told him he needed to keep his O2 on all day. I also told him if he hadn't felt better by yesterday he was going to the dr. We were not going to chance pneumonia again, especially since we know for sure that his lung capacity is diminished. But, not only did he say he felt better, he looked better and his appetite is back. He's out on his treadmill now since it's in between the rain showers and the sun is actually shining a bit.

We have had rain all week, hence the chili. It's not cold, in fact it's very warm and humid. But the gray days along with the rain has put me in the mood for soup of some kind. As I told Mistie last night, I'll just crank the air down and get it really cold in the house!

My thumb has healed nicely. When I looked at it Sunday I thought that it could have used a couple of steri-strips. I don't think it needed stitches, just a couple of strips. But, it has closed and doesn't hurt. Ahh, the wonders of neosporin!

School started for our area this week. Grandma's taxi ran for a few days and may have a few more runs to make. Although Brianna does have her license, she can't drive alone until December. Just one of the quirky laws here. Whenever she has something after school, she misses the bus and if the weather is bad, she can't walk to Em's office, or my house. But, I told Bill, it's only until December and I don't mind.

We are probably going to Jonesboro Monday to get my ring inspected before the month is out. It's supposed to be nice Monday and Tuesday before rain moves back in the end of the week. I also want to look at some yarn. I'm actually trying to find projects to use the yarn I have on hand and I found an afghan pattern to make for someone. I have all the colors I need for it except for one and she loved the pattern...but wants it in a different color and of course I don't have the colors she wants! At least Bill doesn't kick about it.

That's about it for this week, I think. If you're where it's raining, stay dry. I have a friend affected by the flooding in LA. She posted on facebook last night that she was finally able to go back to her house and there had been 52 1/2 inches of water inside. She said there just were no words to describe it. There are no words of sympathy that would make a difference to her either. I saw a statistic that said one parish and 105,000 people affected and there were only 135,000 residents. Kinda puts it into perspective.

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment