Saturday, October 1, 2016

It's cotton-picking time! Last week-end when we went to Hardy with my sister, we saw several fields that were already defoliated and ready for picking. Yesterday we drove up to see Ryan and some of those fields were picked and others that still had foliage on them were now ready for picking. I could smell the defoliant even in the car and it wasn't long before I could feel my throat closing up. So, I won't spend much time outdoors for a couple of weeks.

We had such a good visit with my sister. She's heading to Niagra Falls tomorrow with her sister-in-law. She said they've never traveled this far together before and may be home Tuesday! I don't think that will happen, though, and they will have a good time.

We haven't done much this week. Bill did use his treadmill a couple of times. He's really going to have to get back into it before we go to his check-up, although I think they will be able to tell that he has deteriorated some. I don't think he has ever fully recovered from when he had pneumonia. He's not complaining as much about using oxygen 24/7, so we'll see what happens when we travel.

Our weather has been lovely, only in the 70s for most of the week. It's supposed to get a little warmer this coming week, but the 90s are gone!

That's really about it. Today is laundry and maybe getting a few groceries. But, I do have some things in the freezer that I can get creative with so who knows, groceries may wait! 

Happy October!

1 comment:

  1. Chemicals and toxins... bad, bad, bad. I'm chemically sensitive, so I really try to avoid as much as I can. Not good for anyone, but especially those with compromised health.

    ReplyDelete