Saturday, December 3, 2016

This week seemed to go very, very fast. I don't know why because we both didn't feel well and didn't do a whole lot, at least at the beginning of the week.

We're still fighting the colds, although I feel much better. It was 2 weeks yesterday, and Wednesday afternoon I realized that I didn't just feel better, I felt good! Of course Thursday is when Bill started to feel really bad. I've already warned him that we are not waiting like last year to visit the dr. But, I think the few days in the hospital with pneumonia scared him. He's not complaining about his oxygen and I think he's decided there is life after oxygen!

We pulled all the Christmas decorations out yesterday and while I was unpacking boxes, Bill was dismantling the mantle and dusting! He then helped pack the pictures and candle/scentsy burners and what-nots and carry the boxes back to the spare bedroom. We both got the tree up and the mantle decorated, but he let me decorate the tree while he supervised! We also tried to start his car, but that didn't work. We charged the battery and everything worked...except it wouldn't start. It's like it isn't getting any gas, and there is gas in it. So, we'll get Bryan here sometime and see if he'll bring his brother-in-law Grady to look at it. We also had to check out the plumbing in the bathroom in the apartment. The toilet needs new innards. We're also going to see if Bryan will do that. Bill was never a good plumber, even before he got sick. If he plumbed, it was going to leak! He also started the generator and let it run for a bit. So we are ready for winter in that respect.

I was so tired and sore from moving all the boxes of decorations around that we both went to bed at 9 last night, and didn't wake up until the alarm for Bill's meds went off! My back is much better this morning and I've got the 3rd load of laundry in the washer, load #2 in the dryer and load #1 already folded and put away.

I've got most of our Christmas shopping done, just waiting for most of it to come in. Ryan and Amanda are hosting the family Christmas this year. This is the first time for them and I'm excited just to not have to do it here. Bill isn't too enthused about going, but I'm making him. He's gotten so he uses his health problems to avoid going places. I understand that, especially being in crowds of people with colds. But, some things he just needs to do. We'll have extra oxygen and I can even take some surgical masks in case we need to.

Guess that's all for this week. The dryer should be buzzing before long and then it will be time for lunch. Where has the day gone!

No comments:

Post a Comment