Saturday, October 14, 2017

It's a good thing that this blog is actually typed and not spoken into life. I woke up this morning with no voice above a whisper, and not a very loud whisper at that. So it will be pretty quiet in the house today, at least on my part. It's not going to bode well for the ballgame tonight if I can't yell at the TV, but I'm sure Bill will like it!

Our week has been so-so. I think Bill's trying to get sick again. He's coughing more and a couple of times seemed to be winded when he's walking. I did turn his O2 up yesterday, but somehow it had gotten turned down to 1 1/2 instead of 2 so it needed turned up anyway. I don't know if the cat did it jumping on top of it (she likes to lay there and watch the bathroom/bedroom doors, and there's a shield on the filter to keep the hair out) or if Bill did it when he got up in the night thinking it wasn't working.

I don't seem to have any hives this morning. They still haven't gone away completely but they are tolerable now. We're eliminating medications now before doing further testing and so far it seems that the culprit might be Lipitor, my med for cholesterol. I've been on it for about 20 years with no problems, but I guess an allergy can develop at any time, not just when it is first started. At first we thought it was Aleve and I haven't added it back yet. I really hope I can because I really hurt. It's true when they say getting old isn't for wimps! 

Kenna finished her testing for school. There are no results yet, and they may go to Emily and not me since she's the parent. The first 9 weeks has ended so it will be interesting to see her final grades. She's also caught this same crud that we've had. But, the weather has been so erratic. Started the week in the upper 80s/low 90s, middle of the week down into the low 60s and only in the low 70s in the day, but today will be back into the 90s. We did have a little rain, but I don't think it did much to clear the air. I've heard a crop duster a couple of times this week so they are still defoliating the cotton, and then picking it along with other crops and then burning the fields. The local weatherman showed some satellite pictures and you can see the smoke from space...and this is just from farmers burning fields, not the wildfires in California.

Our grandson is getting married this week-end in South Carolina. We haven't talked to his mother since we told her that we would not be able to go. But, since Bill made the decision himself, she couldn't say much. We have talked about travel, and prioritized which trips/visits are the ones that need to be made. Others will just have to come and see us!

So, that's our week. Our month of October hasn't been good so far with all of the sinus infections, hives, colds and whatever else we've suffered with. I have a feeling it will be back to the dr. this week for both of us. Other than that we have no plans to go anywhere or do anything. As for today, warm drinks for my throat and maybe some knitting. After all it's love yarn day! Oh yeah, and the Cubs game tonight!


No comments:

Post a Comment