Saturday, October 21, 2017

The morning has gotten away from me today. Took the cat to the vet for her shot. The area on her neck that we've been treating has dramatically improved this week, so maybe only a couple more shots and she'll have cleared up. She's feeling a lot better and starting to play with her toys. Then, after bringing her home, decided to go to Walmart for a few things. Bill decided to stay home and I got more than I had planned. But, as I was driving I remembered we were out of this and almost out of that so I got those things too.

My voice came back Sunday somewhat. It was a little hoarse for most of the week but it's fine now. I also haven't had any hives for most of the week and all the meds have been added back. It's still quite the mystery and could have all been just a combination of stress and being sick and maybe the antibiotic. But, I'm basically well now. I got my flu shot while we were there Wednesday so we're both good to go.

Bill is still fighting it. He's had a 3 day round of Rocephin shots and some Lasix and Prednisone. I think she's thinking that there is some fluid build-up around his heart. He went back to the dr. Wednesday and she said his heart sounded good but he was still a little crackly. Some days he coughs a lot and other days he hardly coughs at all. He's to go back Monday to see what his chest xray looks like and if it hasn't cleared she's going to call Stephanie at Mayo to see what they recommend.

I worked on tracking the progress of the order for the battery powered oxygen concentrator and it should be here Monday. If I had done it earlier in the week we would have it already, but I waited until late afternoon Thursday so it didn't get shipped until yesterday. Hopefully this will give Bill a little more freedom.

We're to get some storms sometime after midnight. The weatherman doesn't think they will be severe, but there will be some heavy rain. Another reason to get the running done today. It sprinkled on me a little on the way to Walmart, but the sky is clear now. We may take a ride this afternoon, or maybe we'll wait until next week-end and try out the new concentrator!

That's about it for this week. Hopefully things are now looking up as far as health goes. See you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment