Friday, November 9, 2012

As you've probably noticed by now, I haven't posted anything since our week-end away. It's not because of anything wrong, it's because it's been a pretty boring, normal week. Rehab was cancelled Monday because the monitoring computer system was down so Bill got an extra day off. He was productive and did his balance and arm exercises. He did have rehab Wednesday and again today. He also saw the Physical Therapist today and she was very pleased with his progress. He improved enough in all areas that she tests that he has been released from PT. Of course she will still keep an eye on him during rehab and if she sees a problem developing again will step in. So, one more step down the road to recovery and home.

His next biopsy is Monday morning and I have a list of questions for Stephanie concerning any other out-processing appointments we may need. I've heard we have to see the social worker before we go. I would imagine that is to make sure we feel secure enough to make it on our own. Of course we've pretty much done that for the last 2 1/2 months, but we won't be 10 minutes from Mayo when we go home. They will still be only a phone call away but they want to make sure we know what to do.

It's been pretty cool here this week but supposed to warm up tomorrow. I miss not having my nice cuddly bathrobe in the mornings and curling up with a cup of coffee in front of the fire...won't be long now and I can do that! We'll need to start packing things up before much longer so we don't have to rush to do it.

All the trivia for now. I'll update after the biopsy unless something major happens over the week-end. Enjoy your week-end and the holiday. Thank a veteran this week-end for their service. I'm not only going to thank mine, I think I'll give him a big hug and kiss!

No comments:

Post a Comment