Saturday, November 3, 2012

We had a wonderful visit with Don and Shirley! The drive was very pleasant and the weather was cool but sunny. Yesterday we went to a state park that is there. It's a nature center and animal refuge. We took a boat ride to the center itself from the main center and as we reached the counter to pay we found out that as a disabled veteran, with a service connected disability, Bill gets in free at all of Florida's state parks, and that includes up to 8 people...except for that particular park and it's only for 2! But, it still only cost $21 for 2, with a senior discount. I wish we had known that sooner! Anyway, we walked all over the park and Bill did not need to rest much at all. We also went up and down stairs and had to walk sideways at times in the campground so he got his workout in. There was an underground observation area and we could watch the manatees eat. Those things are huge!

We got home about 2 this afternoon and are ready to settle in for the night. We've gone out for something to eat and we're just waiting for it to get a little later. I will also appreciate the extra hour, but I've got to figure out what this does to his med schedule. They may have to be adjusted a little over the next few days to account for the change.

Received a package from my mother with homemade egg noodles for Thanksgiving. My sister is coming and it is the first time anyone from my side has been to visit so we're really looking forward to that. The package also contained some homemade caramels and I hope we weren't supposed to save any to share with my sister because they may not last through the week-end! Her haircutting tools were also in the box and I'm so glad. I only hope I can wait the 3 weeks until she gets here without going crazy! It's been almost a year since I've had a haircut and I'm not going to look like Cousin It this time, I'm going to look like Granmama from the Addams Family! Bill on the other hand looks like a mad professor! We both need a trim!

My computer decided to crash this afternoon. Luckily a system fix program finally came on and it repaired itself. So, tomorrow I'm going to spend the day backing up files in case it happens again. I haven't backed up my bookkeeping for awhile and I can't afford to lose those files. Hopefully it will make it through the night.

All for now. Enjoy the extra hour of sleep tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment