Monday, May 6, 2013

Day 1 down, 2 to go. We're pretty tired, me from being awake most of the night sick and Bill being awake most of the night because of me being sick. I think it was just a case of too much food in the last couple of days. We're eating more than we usually do and it caught up with me.

We did get a nice surprise yesterday. We went to Barnes and Noble and ran into the surgeon who went to Miami and harvested the donor heart! Bill of course didn't remember her, but she remembered him and couldn't believe how good he looks.

The lab was backed up this morning by over an hour which made us late to the next appointment. But, they understood and got him right in. We came home and I slept for about and hour and then we tried to figure out his stool/urine collection instructions. Finally got that done and it was time to go back for his bone scan. That test was a piece of cake, only took 10 minutes instead of 20, so we visited with the girls in rehab and then ran by the nursing home to see the gang there.

We got gas on the way back and stopped at the store for some soup and are in for the night. I'm just waiting for it to get dark and for Bill to take the last of his meds. Hopefully I'll sleep better tonight.

Tomorrow is another full day, but these appointments are all in the same section and they are just "talking" appointments, nutrition, social worker, Stephanie and dr. We only saw John and Cindi for a couple of minutes while we were passing in the hall since I wasn't feeling well. And my friend Faith is ill. Maybe we can see her tomorrow.

All for tonight. Pray for restful sleep for both of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment