Sunday, May 26, 2013

Good Sunday morning! It looks to be a lovely day here. It's a little cool right now but the sun is shining and no clouds in the sky.

We've had a good week after our trip. We went shopping for a new washer and dryer. Haven't purchased it yet, but I think I've decided which one I want. Need to get the old set moved out before the new gets delivered. The old ones are going to Ryan's. We also got some replacement parts for the grill and a few other things for the patio. I'm hoping we can spend some time out there this summer and enjoy it. We're planning on grilling some steaks for Memorial Day, just the 2 of us I think.

The only thing that has really happened this week is LIFE, the little every day things. There have been no major problems or developments. I did take McKenna to the eye doctor early Thursday morning to get her glasses fixed. She talked the entire drive there and back. I love the conversations we have. You never know what she's going to come up with, such as needing to go back to Florida to the beach, but this time with a beach chair since she has a new bikini!

I hope everyone has a great holiday week-end. Please remember the reason for the holiday, not just as the start of summer. I sometimes wonder if the origin of the holiday is taught anymore. As I was looking at my great-uncles grave, and listening to mom explain to Bill who he was, I realized that he was not 18 when he was killed in World War I, but 17. So young, yet wanted to fight for his country so badly that he lied about his age to enlist. So, let's take the day to remember our fallen ones, before our baseball games and bbqs. OK, off my soapbox! Until next week....

No comments:

Post a Comment