Saturday, August 10, 2013

I love early morning summer thundershowers! We've had a couple of mornings this week with low rumbles of thunder and soft rain. Nothing violent or severe just nice rain, although it was heavy at times today. We have been just below the flooding areas in Missouri so it could have been us overwhelmed.

Had a so-so week, at least for me. Bill had a good week and even had to be self-sufficient for a bit. As I was getting dressed Monday I leaned over to get clothes out of the dresser and pulled something in my lower back. As long as I stayed moving it was tolerable, but once I stopped it took a bit to get going again. But, I managed to get all of the laundry done. Emily and her family brought me a birthday cake Monday evening and I got over 80 birthday wishes on Facebook, calls and cards.

Thursday morning I woke up with either the latest stomach virus going around, or my sinuses were draining so much during the night that I was nauseous from that. Either way, I felt really bad and spent most of the day in bed. Bill cooked his own dinner that night, although I supervised a little bit. He's been a good cook, but hasn't done any since the transplant. His little steak looked much better than my soda crackers, but the trade off wouldn't have been worth it. Felt better yesterday and feel pretty good today. I dodged raindrops to get a few groceries and cleaned up the kitchen. That's about it for work!

Bill has had no health issues this week. When I get any kind of stomach problem I always have to really watch to make sure he doesn't get it. But, so far so good. He hasn't been real active this week and it's getting to the point he's going to be in trouble with muscles. But, nothing I say seems to get through to him!

So, a pretty normal week for us. We're having a carry-in after church tomorrow to celebrate the month's birthdays/anniversaries and I still haven't made my dessert. It won't take long to put together but I'll do it tonight instead of waiting until tomorrow morning. We were supposed to vote on a pastor last Sunday night but at the last minute he withdrew his name from consideration. It was one that I really liked, but I understand his concerns. I don't know who will have our message tomorrow.

That's all the news from here for this week. It's about time to get dinner in the oven and get that dessert made so I can watch the Cubs game tonight! Can't miss that!

No comments:

Post a Comment