Saturday, August 24, 2013

It's a good thing Bill and I are pretty easy going and can adapt to changing situations. This has been a crazy week. Bill did make another pill mix-up that could have had major repercussions, but I think everything is smoothed out. He took his morning anti-rejection pills before he went to bed one night instead of his bedtime meds and I didn't catch it until morning when his container for the week was empty. So, he got the anti-rejection meds about 2 hours apart and then had to go 12 hours without another dose. But, those level out pretty good once they are back on schedule. I keep his morning anti-rejection meds in a separate container because he has to take them before eating. The others are in with his other meds because he takes them an hour after eating in the evening. As long as they are taken 12 hours apart the level will stay where it's supposed to. Since it's been a week now and he's not showing any ill effects, he should be ok.

Sunday morning I saw that my opal ring that I wear all the time and broken. The opal broke in half and I didn't notice it and when I touched the other half it disintegrated. So, Tuesday morning we decided to go to Jonesboro to get my new ring sized and I took that one to have a new opal put in. When we walked out to the car I noticed that someone had been in the car in the night. All of the paperwork was strewn everywhere, the screen from the DVD player was open, and all of the pockets had been emptied. Nothing was taken because we don't keep anything valuable in there except for my $600 sunglasses (prescription). We also had the wireless headsets for the DVD system in there but I keep those in a storage area under the floorboard. We didn't call the police because I had left it unlocked and nothing was taken. While on the way home from Jonesboro, a friend in the neighborhood called and told me they had been broken into, back porch and shop. So, there was quite a bit of activity going on. The police did recover the items taken while a man was loading them onto a trailer. Whether he was involved or just taking advantage of finding some stuff is unknown. We suspect who it might be, but I've made sure the car is locked. Since it's parked right in front of the front door, we're going to have the lights outside changed to motion sensor lights. I also noticed the next day that there were scratches on the back of the DVD screen so they did try to pry it off but all they would have gotten was the screen. It runs through the satellite radio system.

For you that know we've been going through some trials with my son, this was a week of breakthroughs. He spent the 1st part of the week in the town where his dad lives looking for a job. And, praise God, he starts working Friday! He's going back to the plant he was working in before. He also had an interview with another plant, but didn't know when that one would start and since he hadn't worked for awhile he thought it best to take this one back. He started looking for a place to live in that area and found a small house available. Bill and I and his dad and step-mom discussed it and decided to split the cost of his expenses until he got some money coming in. He was planning on moving the first part of the week but when he told his landlord he was moving, the man told him he had to be out by 8:30 yesterday morning! This is against all landlord/tenant laws in Arkansas. He also had the electric meter pulled yesterday morning. Ryan had not rented the other house yet, but his dad came over and we started loading his stuff, thinking that if necessary they would just take everything to his house. But, as things work, we took the first load over, the owner of the house was able to meet us, the lease was signed, the money changed hands, and he agreed to let the utilities stay in his name through the week-end.

I guess being retired and not needing to make plans through the day is what we need. At least we were all able to jump right in, and my daughter and her husband loaded their truck and trailer after they got off work to help bring the last of the things. Bill felt that he was pretty useless since he couldn't really help with any of the heavy work, but Gene (my ex-husband) and Bryan, Emily's husband didn't lift either. They left it all to Ryan and Amanda's brother Brian.We did all go out to eat, except for Gene's wife Julie and the grandson they are raising. Alec was sick so Julie stayed home with him. Gene and Bill and I were all sitting at the same table and I said that it was really weird to be having dinner with both of my husbands! But at least we all get along! Ryan has been very thankful for all the help. We're all just hoping that he was finally "seen the light" and will really work to get his life back together.

Hopefully this week will be a little calmer. It's hard to believe that August is almost over. We will be married 23 years on September 3rd. As of yet we don't have any plans. We're both kind of thinking we may make a trip to Illinois again, but who knows!

No comments:

Post a Comment