Saturday, August 3, 2013

We've had a very busy week! Bryan got the hot water heater finished Sunday afternoon after church. The sink in the bathroom was not draining properly so Monday we had quite a go-round with Ron. I wanted him to take the vanity top off and start over but he managed to get it working right without doing that. And now, the bathroom is finished! The curtains and wine rack I ordered for it came in Monday and I found a print at Wal-Mart and it all looks very nice if I do say so myself. Ron was disappointed that we weren't going to immediately start another project, but he took all of his "stuff" home. I went on about that enough last week so won't go into it again.

Tuesday we had to talk to our insurance agent. We are not really pleased with the outcome, but we had no other choice. Our homeowners insurance has been with Southern Farm Bureau for several years and our car insurance with another company. We had received a letter from the homeowners telling us that they were not doing business in this area any longer and our policy would not be renewed. Well, our agent sent us a note last week and said that there was a change in policy and Farm Bureau would not offer insurance unless they got ALL of the insurance. After doing a lot of checking we could not get the homeowners with comparable coverage for anywhere near what we are paying. So, our car insurance went up $200/year, but the homeowners now went down about $100/year. Part of the increase could be Bill's age, as his life insurance went up quite a bit because age.

We had Kayden and Kiyann for a couple of hours again this week while their mom went to a meeting for work. Kayden and Pa took a long ride in the car and Kiyann and I iced a cake I had made before they got here. When they ate a piece they both said it was the best cake ever!

I did learn something this week and am proud of myself. I learned how to change a light socket! The light over my stove is just a lamp socket that had a push button. I know it sounds strange, but that's how it was when we bought the house and my electrician husband did not get around to changing it before he got sick. Anyway, it had started shocking me periodically when I would turn it on/off, the last time bringing tears. So, we bought a turn switch to replace it. Bill talked me through it, because he couldn't get under the vent hood close enough to work with it (could be why he hadn't changed it before) and we managed to get it done. So far it's working and hasn't shorted anything out!

We went to Jonesboro yesterday. It's time to get my diamond ring inspected and Bill wanted to find something for my birthday. He had looked while he and Ron were out for breakfast but Ron kept steering him away from what he wanted to look at. He was checking jewelry and Ron kept trying to get him to look at the "cheap" stuff. When Bill is buying gifts, he doesn't look much at price, he looks at what he likes. So, we headed to the mall. While my rings were being cleaned I found a birthstone set I liked. You don't see Peridot much anywhere anymore. It's a lovely ring, necklace and earring set. She told Bill the price, he said we'll take it, and after a sale discount plus a military discount, I have some new jewelry. I'll have to take the ring back to have it sized. I was going to wear it on my middle finger, but it was not comfortable there, so I'll have it sized to my ring finger.

Today has been a lazy day. It was rainy this morning and cloudy most of the day. Bill did take a walk this afternoon, but I don't know why I even bothered to get dressed! I have not left the house and barely left my chair. I've cross-stitched and knitted some but, other that cooking meals and cleaning up the kitchen, I haven't done anything else.

We got our itinerary for the next biopsy in the mail today. It's been scheduled for Oct. 14th. We're going to see about visiting with Don and Shirley after the biopsy for a few days. Still need to get with them to see if they have any plans, but that's what Bill wants to do.

All for this week. Bill's cutting into what's left of the cake. Enjoy the rest of your week-end!

No comments:

Post a Comment