Saturday, July 27, 2013

We made it home from Florida on Wednesday after all. The weather was fine until 50 miles from home and then heavy rain, combined with road construction. We were really glad to be home and extremely tired! The bathroom was only 3/4 done, and still isn't done. I was told that 5 days is NOT enough time to redo everything! I don't see it myself, but, it is what it is!

Thursday was spent buying some groceries and getting resettled in, as much as can be. I'm tired of everything being upset in the house. Things are everywhere except where they belong. I want my house back! I know our handyman wants to go straight to another room but that's not going to happen. I told Bill the other night that the last 2 1/2 years have been very stressful for me and I don't want the added stress of constant turmoil and upheaval for the remodeling. I don't care if it takes another 3 years doing 1 room a year! He also doesn't understand how the last 2 years have affected me. He did admit that he "slept" through a lot of it. Yes, it was all about him, and now that he is better and able to fend more for himself, it's going to be some about me and what I need. Didn't mean to go off on a tangent, but, boy I feel better!

We had Kayden and Kiyann Friday. Mistie and Joe were both working and her babysitter quit. These kids are no trouble and we enjoyed having them. We've never spent as much time with them as we have Brianna and McKenna because they lived farther away and Ryan worked odd hours so we weren't sure when to visit or call. Anyway, we had a great time although they ate us out of house and home! After they left I started to get ready for McKenna's birthday party and discovered we had no hot water. I had done laundry and cleaned up the kitchen, but there still should have been hot water. I checked the water heater and it was not heating at all. So, we turned the gas off and headed to the party. We only stayed about an hour. It was at the bowling alley and there was a lot of turmoil with the kids running around. Lots of confusion confuses Bill more now.

Today we were off to Lowe's to buy a new hot water heater and they told us they didn't install gas heaters. So, we didn't buy it but went to another store in town where we had bought the old one-15 years ago. They didn't have any in stock, and they said they didn't install them either. They did install the old one, so I was very confused. I talked to Emily late this afternoon and she said Bryan could install it, so off to Lowe's we went. As we were waiting for them to get the heater from the top rack, I read a sign that said "Have Lowe's Install Your Gas Water Heater"! And on the box there was a picture of the Lowe's logo and "Lowe's Installation Guaranteed"! Anyway, we got it here and while the old one was draining it was off to Pizza Hut to get dinner for everyone. Got the old one out and the new one in, with some help from Joe next door, but Bryan can't get one line sealed. So, since it was getting late, we told him it would be OK to wait until tomorrow, that we could heat water to clean up with for church. Joe said we could shower at his house in the morning and Emily said she and the girls had to be at their early church service if we wanted to go to their house to shower. But, we'll be OK. I just have to remember to not use the hot water tap in the kitchen or there will be a mess in the pantry!

So, our homecoming has been eventful to say the least. Maybe by the middle of the week the bathroom will be finished and I can get my house back!

Hope all of you have had a good week-end so far. Until next week...be blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment