Sunday, July 7, 2013

Update for the 1st week in July

I tried to update this last night and Blogger ate it. It kept telling me I was leaving something blank. It's also told me the same thing this morning. I've put a title on this one as you can see. I hope I don't have to title all of them!

Our week was interesting. Tuesday I took Ryan, his girlfriend Amanda, and his kids Kayden and Kiyann, to Jonesboro. Some of you know that he has had a drinking problem and lost his drivers license for 2 years. Anyway, he has fulfilled all of the requirements of the suspension. He had to return his interlock device to the shop that installed it and then take that receipt to Driver Control. After doing all of that, he was able to reinstate his license so he's now legal again. It's a good thing we got it done, he hit a sobriety checkpoint on the 4th!

Our holiday was also eventful. Bill and Ron went to Ron's family cemetery to take care of some trees he had planted. Bill went along to babysit Buddy Dog in case there were other people there and he couldn't just run. They were the only ones there and Buddy hit the jackpot on his roaming...a tiny little puppy! She's probably about 4-5 weeks old. There were no other dogs in the area so they brought her home. After some milk and a flea bath, we started trying to find her a home. She's now at home with Ryan and they've named her Monkey. She's a Rotweiler mix of some kind, but she's so small that I'm not sure.

Friday was a normal day, laundry in the morning and waiting for Bill's meds to be delivered. Just as we were having lunch Emily called and said that McKenna's glasses had broken and wanted to know if we would meet her at Walmart. Her doctor was closed and we were hoping Walmart would put the lenses in a new frame. Just as we were getting ready to pull out, my brother and his wife pulled up! This was a total surprise. I knew they were on vacation this week and they had been to St. Louis and Eureka Springs Arkansas and decided that since they pretty much had to cross the state to get home, they would come by here. So, we all piled into my car and headed to Walmart. Luckily they had a frame that would fit her lense so the child can see again. Larry treated everyone to pizza and then came back to the house for a short visit before hitting the road again.

The weather has been much cooler this week and Bill's been walking around the block. It takes him about 30 minutes, unless he sees someone to talk to! That's a shorter time that he's supposed to walk, but at least he's doing it without me nagging him to walk!

I've made both of us calendars since it seems like we neither one can remember things anymore. His is basically birthdays and anniversaries. Mine has all of the appointments and med information. Maybe that will help us, not that I'm forgetting to give/order/fill meds.

All for now. I've got cinnamon rolls in the oven and they should be just about done. I noticed that this will be post #430 and we're closing in on 15,000 pageviews. It still amazes me that so many are still following our journey, including people I don't know. But, it has meant something to them to keep reading! Happy Sunday!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for keeping everyone informed. I'm sure some may be taking the same path one day if they're lucky

    ReplyDelete