Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Early post this week, and I know most of you still keeping up with us won't see it until the normal time. But, with getting ready to travel, and a little bit of news already this week, I just figured I would go ahead and get it done.

We are leaving Friday for Bill's biopsy on Monday. The reservations have been made, laundry is done so the suitcases can be packed. I'm going to do that today so that I don't mess up my manicure tomorrow!

Bill is now wanting to try to use his computer again. When we were doing the 1st phase of the remodel, Bill kept track of everything on the computer. He kept spreadsheets on everything done, including tracking Ron's hours and pay. I printed out a form for Ron to use to track his hours while we are gone and now, Bill wants to enter them into the computer. So, I found the spreadsheet and pulled it up and we got the info entered. Bill was very frustrated because he can't remember how to do any of that. We had to get him a new keyboard and he was able to get it connected and running by himself last night! That's a major breakthrough. We were looking at the spreadsheet and for some reason the formulas for the cells that figure amounts are not there. Now, when I took spreadsheets in college I barely passed the course, (and failed the final...guess I shouldn't have walked out in the middle of it). Somewhere, probably packed into a box somewhere we have an Office for Dummies book that would probably help. So, I'll probably look for it today. But, at least he's wanting to start sitting at the computer. We'll get him a new email address set up before long if he keeps it up.

I know it's been frustrating for him to look at things and know that he used to do or use it. He's seen some electrical drawings and other things that he had written for work and doesn't have a clue to what they mean. I don't know if that will ever come back completely if at all. He's now talking about seeing Dr. Salguerio the psychiatrist he had seen for depression. They had told him that it wouldn't be a problem working him back in. We're going to wait until we get back from Florida and see how he's doing then.

So, that's the news for now. I'll update this again Saturday after we get settled at our hotel in Florida. Enjoy your week!

No comments:

Post a Comment